My thoughts on unemployment

Unemployment is like some place where you get free entry because who will agree to pay for it! Ironically we do pay for it!

My thoughts on unemployment

My thoughts on unemployment

Photo credits: pinterest

Unemployment is of vital importance, particularly to the unemployed.
~Edward Heath

This is my first blog post and if you’re reading this, it’s a mystery as well as miracle – how you found me! In case I need to explain why I choose this topic, the reason is unemployment is the inspiration for starting this blog in the first place! So I am going to share some of my thoughts on this depressing topic.

My thoughts on unemployment

My thoughts on unemployment

Unemployment is the state where an individual is willing and capable of work but work on the other hand is not willing to cooperate. It’s very gloomy when one wants but can’t get what he wants! Add to that society’s pressure and judgements. Financial crisis and failed relationships doesn’t help this gloomy state of affairs.

Unemployment catches you and pulls you into a deep dark sleep full of nightmares. An unemployed person usually will suffer from low self esteem, mild or severe depression, social anxiety, etc. The way to get into this unpleasant situation is easy and often not self inflicted but rather very difficult to get out. It’s as if entry is free but exit is not!

I’ll share my thoughts on how I got in to this ‘ being unemployed ‘ and how I am dealing with this, in the upcoming blogs.

If you have read this whole thing (thank you for being so patient) and can relate to my opinions please share your thoughts with me.

1. I had to look for the comment box.. at last, I found it!
    Awesome job with this blog… and you are on the right track because SOMETHING BIG is happening. So far, we “unemployed but smart” people have been surfing the internet and collecting “Likes” on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I too disappointed my folks big-time by choosing to give up being unemployed in Canada (oh, & the govt there gives just enough to stay alive and many NRI’s choose to do just that..surprise!) and return to India to “do my own thing..” That was in 2010. Now, my efforts are paying off.

1. Thank you for this wonderful feedback, thank God you found the comment box! Lol! I wanted to share my experiences about the whole jobless situation, that’s why created this blog. Also to get some free therapy that I can’t afford to pay for in the process. Jokes apart, what you just said has inspired me & motivated me. I thank you for that.

1. not enough; check your email..

2. […] while one is still jobless. Why? For one reason, joblessness rhymes with hopelessness. Secondly, unemployment always comes with it’s […]

3. The stigma of being unemployed is exasperating! Add on physical limitations and mental/emotional barriers, and yet Social Security STILL denies Disability! Finally, being forced to move back in with the folks! My stepdad is certifiably insane, or on an extreme end of the spectrum mixed with some sort of psychosis, because he lives in his own reality about the state of EVERYTHING, he picks fights, is insensitive and humiliating. That all describes a typical day in my life. I feel for you on the disappointing the folks. If I were on disability, I could get a place with rent assistance, and not have to deal with dear old step dad. But, alas, I am stuck here in this dungeon. Job searches equal to clawing my way out of the dungeon. My disabilities are the chains that hold me back. And guess who the dragon is?

1. It is very difficult to get out of the miserable situation of joblessness. The worst thing is indeed having to depend on others for basic needs like food and shelter. Your stepfather sounds like a terrible person. I really hope there is (will be) light at the end of this tunnel!I live with my parents to and they do bug me ‘to get a job’ but mostly are supportive. I hope you stay strong. Thank you for sharing your experience.

4. Nice piece. This is so true for many of us. It’s disappointing to know you give your time and effort and then you’re replaced without a second thought.

1. It is indeed very disappointing and depressing too when we don’t get appreciated for the good work. I do hope that there are organisations where people are valued for their worth. The question is where can we find them?!

1. Right here.. stay tuned! My team is launching an online platform (https://grovnest.com) with which you can LEARN & EARN digital money (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple etc..) from anywhere in the world. Hone your talents, whatever it is because THIS is the revolution we have all been waiting for!

2. Sounds great. Wish you all the luck with this project ☺👍

5. […] The job where you are not valued as a member but only as a source to get the work done. The job which only cares for you to do the job and not for who/ where you are or will […]

6. I’ve been there, done that, but it didn’t last forever. The perfect job finally was found and I’ve been there for 16 years now. Hang in there; you’ll find what you need!

1. I’m glad to know that it worked out for you. Thank you so much for your lovely encouraging words, hopefully I will find what I need soon! 🙂

1. Fingers crossed!

7. Great blog, I am really.looking forward toseeing where you go with this! Blogging is a great way to kick those uselss unemployed blues. And who knows, maybe this therapy will turn into a job for you…

8. I was at a nonprofit for 11 years. During that time over 200 people quit and a few were fired or laid off. A place that is supposed to help people treated it’s employees poorly by low pay, cliquishness, and hierarchical decisions. They got a million dollar grant to expand and get drug company and government money, but eliminated my job. Best thing for me ever! I was underpaid, undervalued and underrespected. No “friends” from there contact me. I get some government money but when that runs out I don’t know what I’ll do except use up savings, move to Latin America to teach English, or be forced to take crappy low-paying temp jobs. Unless my blog will pay someday which is unlikely. Moving with family is not really a good option. So I feel everyone’s pain and wish us all the best. PS State capitalism is the problem but state communism doesn’t work well either.

1. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I had been through similar job situation. It is really upsetting and depressing how man power is not valued at work even though they call it the man power! Hope the blogging thing will work out for you, looking forward to reading your blogs.

2. A lot of people will have to make The Shift.. (see http://zedaxis.in ) This is happening globally as we move from industrial economics to one that is based on individual talent and personal passions. I am working on the Learning Specialist – using bio metrics to identify skills and talents. From there, we will work with anybody anywhere in the world to become a Learning Specialist and run Learning Studios. You can follow this project on twitter.com/zedaxisprofile Thanks!

9. Give a green lawn and a book, I swear I wont ask you anything.
    I am a reader and a nature lover. I dont need anything else. Lately I have found taht only these things are the best we can get in life.

1. Books and nature- what more can a man need! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. ☺

10. Many thanks for seeing and liking my own post on the horrific tide we jobless folks have to swim against every day. You are right about anxiety and the loss of self esteem in the fight to find work. Stay positive and good things will eventually happen. 🙂

1. Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I wish all the good things to happen for you too!

11. Your blog sounds interesting and relevant for many of us! I look forward to hearing more from you. Maybe now is the time to finish the book you may have started.

1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for such nice compliments. You are so right about finishing the book I had started, I have got quite a few lined up for reading!

1. You are very welcome. I believe that most of us have struggled with under employment, unemployment, or just…whatever. In 2008, I know there were entire columns and blogs talking about it. Hopefully, as the American economy improves, things will get better and new opportunities will show up.

2. You are right, there are a lot of people struggling with job related issues. I have got to connect & share with people I could easily relate to through this blog. Hopefully things wil soon change for the better.

3. Well, I am winding into retirement but if you are still younger than me in your 30s, I see opportunities as the economy continues to improve! Be specific about what you want and than pursue. Research the fields.

4. Thank you for the great suggestions and encouraging words. ☺

12. A fine first blog sir. We gave a lot in common. I look forward to future posts. All the best!

1. Thank you so much for the appreciation, I look forward to your upcoming posts as well.

13. […] thought about writing a blog post on ‘how to deal with stress and anxiety from unemployment‘. I thought this is a good topic since stress and anxiety are major issues related […]

14. A good read….
    Thanks! 🙂
    Ann

1. Glad you liked it, thank you so much!☺☺

1. Thanks for the follow…..
        I’m at the other end of the spectrum, retired and 69 already, but I enjoyed reading your thoughts on your situation.
        I was a teacher too, and still “teach” whenever I can, in some shape or form, but no longer in the classroom. I loved my job and was fortunate enough to find work when I needed it.
        I hope you find work at some point, but I also hope you continue to blog about life!
        Ann

2. Thank you Ann for sharing your thoughts and for the encouraging words. I look forward to reading your blogs. Hope you have a relaxed and enjoyable after retirement life while continuing to teach.

15. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post and your profile page. I am in a similar situation and can understand how you feel. I’ve realised that there are many people who will be empathetic and understand you. It’s a matter of finding the right people. The rest don’t really matter. At least that’s what I keep telling myself. 🙂
    Cheryl

1. Thank you so much for such a wonderful response, Cheryl. There really are a lot of people just like you who are surprisingly kind, encouraging and empathetic. I have got to connect with many such kind souls through my blog.

1. That’s what I love about blogging! We get to meet kindred souls.

2. Yes that’s the best thing about blogging. Thank you for sharing the lovely thought ☺

16. unemployment is like retirement without money. i love it but the stress of having to find work takes away from that.

1. I have to completely agree, infact this has become something like a thought pattern for me, something I’m trying to overcome. Thank you for sharing the thought!

17. Reblogged this on educated unemployed indian and commented:

My first blog post!

18. I have experienced this feeling …with a very closed family member… can imagine how frustrating it is for self and the entire family around you !!
    So very True…nicely expressed post

1. Thank you so much for sharing about your experience and for the appreciation. It means a lot. 🙂

1. Welcome !!!
        Best Wishes to you !!

2. Hope you have a great day ahead 🌾

19. I am glad to nominate you for the blogging award! check it out at https://visionofsid.wordpress.com/2018/03/16/3-awards-yipeee/

1. Thank you so much for nominating me. I am humbled. 😊🙂

20. One of the most distressing things about unemployment must be the number of unhappily employed people one encounters daily where one knows one could do their jobs far better than they do.

1. Yes, I guess that is one of the sad & troubling thoughts.

21. Lucien Effland June 6, 2018 at 5:07 pm

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You’re amazing! Thanks!

22. […] to get past the day. Days went by, on some of those days I found myself employed while on others unemployed. A few other days were also there when I chose to quit a job that took a lot of time and effort to […]