Top Five Difficulties of a Jobless Person

Difficulties of a jobless person

Difficulties of a jobless person

“Hopelessness is a feeling. It’s not a fact.” ~Anohni

If you thought being jobless was enough of a problem to handle for the jobless person, you are wrong! There are hundred other things to bother about while one is still jobless. Why? For one reason, joblessness rhymes with hopelessness. Secondly, unemployment always comes with it’s entourage.

Here is some of the difficulties that you might relate to if you are quite (jobless) like me:

insomnia

Lack of sleep and plenty of sleep time!

1. Insomnia – this one is so stubborn, it’s like your best friend from school that you didn’t choose! You try sleeping through those dark cold nights, only the more you try the more you fail.

anxiety

Worry, worry and worry some more!

2. Anxiety – these are your thoughts and worries that that gives you company but not the pleasant kind. You think about all kinds of things- where my life is, where it’s going, how will I do this and that.

My fault!

3. Self doubt – this one is pure evil and the worst of all. Self loathing does more harm than any other aspect of this jobless situation. Whatever you do, don’t give in to the thoughts such as ‘you’re not good enough’, ‘it’s all your fault’, ‘you’re incapable,insufficient,unskilled,unworthy’.

Depression

I’m tired all the time!

4. Depression – every jobless person will go through a phase of (hopefully)mild or severe depression. I usually feel depressed between 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. That’s when we need to snack on some delicious savoury delights!

social anxiety

I feel those eyes on me!

5. Social anxiety – this is the reason we avoid social gathering or going out in public when not absolutely necessary. It troubles the unemployed to a great extent when they have to reply to queries like; what is going on with your life, did you get a job(red alert), how was the interview, plans?!

When one thing goes wrong, things start to escalate. I don’t want to sound negative, but that is usually how life goes. Joblessness is not easy to handle with all the stress and anxiety of it. One thing does help even in such hopeless circumstances. And that is believing in yourself!

“When it’s all said and done, the one thing I want to leave on this earth is hope. I have felt hopelessness, and it’s a terriblefeeling. Hopelessness will destroy you. I want to bring hope to other people.” ~Paula Deen

Pic courtesy:

Pinterest

create meme

1. I completely get this, I can relate to this. It feels comforting to know someone else felt the same! Good read!

1. Thank you for the response. Glad you liked it and yes it is very comforting to share the same experiences with another human being.

2. Thank goodness though that joblessness (or intense job dissatisfaction on my end) has given us the push we needed to start blogging! I’ll be tuning in and cheering for you!

1. Yes, joblessness has become the biggest inspiration for me to blog. And I have had my share of job dissatisfaction, I know how inspirational that can be too!
      Jokes apart, I was really glad (even excited) to stumble upon your blog. It is interesting and something I can relate to some level if not all. I’ll be cheering you right back. Thanks for the support.

3. Agree with you about the self doubt thing, you know it’s the worst but you still indulge in it!

1. Sad but it’s true. I guess the only solution is to start positive thinking and try to ignore or avoid if possible negative thoughts. It’s not easy but it’s something we can all try.

4. I remember jobless when I was young. All you say is true and hopelssness seems endless.

1. Thank you for taking the time out to read my blog & comment.
      Yes, hopelessness does feel endless when one is jobless.

5. […] via Top Five Difficulties of a Jobless Person — educated unemployed indian […]

6. Being unemployed a few times I can tell you the #1 problem when being unemployed is being use to it. It’s too easy to accept nothing will happen today and just live another day not working. That’s what I did. You know you have to make looking for a job it’s own job. And volunteer someplace for some networking and resume material. If I can help you let me know. And good luck!

1. I agree with you, it is quite daunting to get out of the blues of the whole jobless situation. At some point we all start working on improving and hopefully changing the current status! Thank you for sharing your experience!

1. You need to find a couple wins. Some things that you are good at. And build some confidence that way. Enjoy your victories and understand everything you are capable of

2. That is a very good suggestion. Believe in yourself and the world will believe in you!

7. I went through years of disappointing my parents through my failed careers. Now my wife is struggling with the unemployment called retirement, which I will soon attain also. During one bad patch, after my divorce from my first wife, my children worried about me. I just hung in and waited on God to change things. Finally he did and now I plan on finding ways to make myself useful in retirement (and having fun) instead of doing like many, being depressed until I die. I agree, though, unemployment and underemployment tries to assault your confidence.

1. Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts. I hope your plans for after retirement life

2. ….works out and do share in your future blogs about the fun times!

8. I’ve experienced all of this over a decade and came to a point of acceptance that if anyone’s going to give me a job, it’s going to be me. So I gave myself the jobs of dog-carer and blogger. In springtime, I will add gardener to that list. I’ve had to work extra-hard at maintaining a healthy lifestyle to avoid insomnia, depression and anxiety. When I start over-thinking, I go for a walk or read a book. I never quite came to an acceptance of spending almost all my time alone, so that’s why I’m happy to have a dog which is a better companion than alcohol and most people.

1. I’M trying to do what you have achieved. I have a pet too, a lab and having her in my life, in our family has been the best gift of God. Dog’s are man’s best friend, especially through trying times. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

9. This post reminds me something called FOMO aka Fear of Missing Out. Many of my friends spend a lot on weekends just to show the “Social media” that they are also enjoying the hangouts and having fun. I feel this is too hollow to digest. Instead on weekends, I used to read a lot, went to library and even played with gully cricket team. Phenomenal !

1. I think those are some pretty awesome activities to keep oneself busy during any given day.

10. Some of this sounds what it feels like to be retired!!!!! Haha!!!!!
    I found I have to create things to do, events to hang my life on and to create purpose, to socialize……or I am lost.
    Blogging is just one of those things…..
    AJ

1. It is a bit hard to plan your day and stay motivated without any fixed routine. I try and do creative things and keep my mind fresh, that helps. Blogging is part of it, I really enjoy putting together posts and connecting with other amazing bloggers.

1. Me too!
        Love being able to connect, but wish there was instant messaging feature for more instant and private interaction 🙂

2. Yes, that would be splendid 😀

11. Keep your chin up. Many of us have been in the same boat and it will get better.

I don’t know what you do, day to day, so I’m sorry if this is unneeded advice. Do try to do some volunteering in an organisation so that you can put it on your CV as evidence that you can work in a team with a variety of people.

I think most employers want workers who can get along with other people and who can cope with changes such as new managers coming in with a different style. The longer you stay with an organisation, the more you can demonstrate that you can adapt to changes in staff, duties etc …

So any time with a group is useful. Just don’t let them take advantage of you. Working for free for an organisation that could be paying you gets tired over time. Working for free for an organisation that can’t pay anyone is better in my opinion.

1. Thank you so much for your kind advice. I really appreciate you for taking the time out and putting such an effort. I really liked what you said about not letting an organization take advantage. I’ll definitely keep your advice in mind and just so you know this is not at all unneeded advice. Thanks again ☺

12. I am too unemployed, everything you said just fits into me right now. Minus the depression, I mean I’m a little sad but not depressed,I usually think this too shall pass 🙂

1. Thanak you for sharing your thoughts. You have a very positive outlook for life, something I admire a lot. It’s good & brave not to give in to fear & pressure.

1. oh no, I tend to be very negative about stuff, I have lots of lear and I give in to pressure just like that, but then I think what’s the point? This is life, deal with it. And I move on ahah

2. I can relate to you on this, I go through the same thoughts time to time!

13. unemployment is bad for mental, physical, social and all kinds of health. we must convince ourselves we are worth a good job that pays good money. there are many jobs that do not pay enough and it is a question of education and skills but also discrimination. so i sympathize with anyone struggling to make it.

1. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I wish everyone thought the same way about this, there would be no or much less discrimination & exploitation. Everyone deserves to have a decent standard of living.

14. […] Well, I think that’s it.  I’ll try to post on the nominee’s blogs today.  Thanks again, EUI! […]

1. You’re most welcome & congratulations!

15. Thanks for the VBA nomination! I posted today: https://wp.me/p9tZ1V-c3 Have a great day!

1. I read the post & I agree with your son that you’re very smart! (& I suppose you type fast too!) hope you have a great day too!

16. You do make ‘being jobless’ also a good thing to look forward too. You are really good at this. There are not enough likes I can shower (if love or a heart was an option, I’d click that too) this blog with. I really can’t say how much I relate to so many things written here on your blog – and the fact that we are both teachers too… maybe of different kinds but in the same line

1. I’m grateful to you for the love and appreciation. I can not thank you enough. This makes me feel very positive about my work on this blog. I just hope I can keep on bringing new and better content that is worthy of all the expectations and appreciation. ❤

1. I’m sure you will, just do it ‘your way’ and not the ways the world wants of you… 🙂

2. Thanks for the great advice, I’ll try to remember it. ☺

17. […] thoughts on how I got in to this ‘ being unemployed ‘ and how I am dealing with this, in the upcoming […]

18. […] you are unemployed, being unemployed is not your only problem! Unemployment brings along a lot of other issues to cause endless […]

19. […] you are unemployed, being unemployed is not your only problem! Unemployment brings along a lot of other issues to cause endless […]