My Dreams and Aspirations As A Dreamy Young Person

It was bliss for me and may be for some of you too, to dream freely! Dreams and Aspirations of A Dreamy Young Person…

“Hold fast to dreams,

For if dreams die

Life is a broken-winged bird,

That cannot fly.”

–Langston Hughes

When we are young we are full of dreams. We don’t use logic or wisdom to hold us back. We feel like free birds and we say, ‘ ignorance is bliss’. It was bliss for me and may be for some of you too, to dream freely! We have so many dreams and aspirations, we can’t count them with our fingers.

I loved to look up at the sky vacantly and think of a future in a wonderful world. Everything that would make the world around me wonderful; people, places, things and life.

While you’re dreaming change happens-

They say, change is the only constant. While you’re dreaming change happens before you can realize. It hits you one day and hits you hard. I remember When I was little more younger then I am now, having many dreams and aspirations. But now I have forgotten many if not all of them. Forgetting actually is beneficial and better than broken dreams.

Dream meaning

Another word for dream!

What were my dreams and aspirations about?

It was about a good life, a fair world, where you bring something of quality and get valued for that. I had no clues that disappointment was waiting at every step of the journey of life. Disappointment awaits when you’re getting ready for the interview, then the interview results and the worst disappointment of all is the job which you get! The job where you are not valued as a member but only as a source to get the work done. The job which only cares for you to do the job and not for who/ where you are or will be.

Conclusion-

I realise now what made the ‘big-bad world’ bother me so much. It bothered me because I was not at all prepared for it. We put so many years, so much energy and a lot more of resources in those beginning years to make educated youth ready to take charge. But there is nothing in the school books, college degrees, etc to help one face, deal and accept the issues of the practical world.

I wish there was a course on how to navigate through difficult adult years or manage personal-professional life or how to ask for a raise without getting sacked!

Lol, I still would sign up for the last one. Wouldn’t you?

Thank you for so patiently & non – judgementally reading about my dreams & aspirations!

Please share if you had similar idealistic dreams like me? Also share with us any of your views, thoughts, etc relating to similar topic.

Thank you, blog, educated unemployed Indian blog

1. Yes, I had way too big dreams too but as you grow older you just forget all of that, atleast the ones that are not broken!

1. My thoughts are quite similar to you. You need to learn to cherish our dreams as adults, for they made us feel something special once.

2. Dreams are such fragile things, you have to constantly care for and protect them. For if dreams die……..

1. You put the idea so beautifully, thanks for taking the time out! 🙂

3. How I go about is having the dream in the general sense like we had as kids, which is to view it not in its conclusion but in the process. As such, I don’t rush to get to the end or to my “favorite spot” but instead the journey to the dream is more thrilling.

Also, I cut away as much as I can that would distract or slow me in my journey.

1. That is a wonderful way to dream! The journey should matter more than anything else. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

4. Dreams are nice. They take no effort at all. Jobs are much more challenging. That’s why they call it Work. Work is the vehicle we drive to achieve our dreams, to make our dreams Realities. Until then they remain Dreams. Good luck!

1. Yes indeed, anything worthwhile takes a while and a lot more of hard work! Thank you so much for the lovely words.

1. I am just finding your blog here, so I do not see what you are doing to be employed. What are you doing to find a job? I have to imagine you have done all the research and read all the books on finding jobs and preparing eye-catching resumes?

2. Yes, I have done some research on creating a good CV. The problem with me being jobless is not the lack of good resume though. I’m a teacher my education and it’s the lack of good jobs and plenty of great applications, thats the issue with many other teachers like me. The worst part is in many cases like me, we do jobs on contract basis which puts us in the same jobless situation year after year.

5. My experience as an artist taught me that all breakthroughs happen after intense periods of self-dissatisfaction and endledss redos.
    Amazingly, it worked every time, even when I didn’t realize what was going on.
    Do not give up!
    There’s light at the end of the tunnel!

1. I know and (almost) believe everything you just said, which by the way makes sense. When we look back at past difficult experiences, they make sense because we realize their purpose in our life. Thank you so much for your encouragement.

6. I had dreams but ended somewhere else. But i will try my best to accomplish those dreams

1. And I really hope that you do achieve your dreams!

7. This a conversation with true oneself. Thanks for sharing such a great post!

1. I’m glad you liked it, thank you for the appreciation. It always does wonders to my level of motivation!

1. 🙂 Happy to hear that, I am little introvert BTW, but good books and posts really inspire me to comment !

2. Glad to connect with a fellow introvert, I’m a bit of an introvert too!

8. Your thoughts are spot on and so true. School sets up a mini-world that we get accustomed to and then all of a sudden when we are finally “free” and old enough to be on our own, we feel lost; at least I did. I’ve yet to find a job where I felt it was my calling, and the passions I have are difficult to make a living at in a way that will not take many sacrifices for my family and me. You are not alone in feeling this way about the “real world.” I hope you can find something where your true potential is utilized, gives a great sense of accomplishment, and is rightfully compensated for!! ~Anne

1. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. It feels really great when someone understands the words you wrote in the same sense as you’d written. And it feels even greater when you get to connect with people you can relate to. Thanks for your kind & encouraging words!

9. Have you tried writing down all of your life goals, career, lifestyle, happiness, relationship, family etc, and write them down for 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, 10, and 20 years. Then make a plan on how to get to each?
    It takes time and a lot of reflection and writing, but that’s really the most important thing you can ever do. You may find you’ve been going after all the wrong things in life, and that’s why things seem to be going in the opposite direction

1. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I am familiar with the concept of vision board and also have read the book ‘Think and Grow Rich’ where Napoleon Hill explains similar concepts. But sometimes may be all the plans you plan don’t go according to plan. We just have to keep on planning anyways, never know which will turn out right!

10. Dreams are what defines us…our dreams should always exceed the capacity of what we can achieve…also there is no age to dream…
    Well written…

1. What a wonderful thought, ‘there is no age to dream.’ Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

1. Thanks to you for the beautiful post…

2. You are very kind, it makes me very happy to know someone appreciates my blogs. Thank you so much ☺

3. I feel humbled to see your modesty

4. Apparently the meaning of my name is modesty. Lol!

5. Now my next question will be what is ur name? 🙂

6. Hi Binita…m Roy as u already know…hehe
        Yep your name means modesty and u truly epitomise it

11. The special secret of making dreams come true can be summarized in four C’s. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy.
    by Walt Disney !! 😀

1. Thank you for sharing this thought on making dreams come true, I agree with Walt Disney too 🙌

12. […] View the original post by educated unemployed indian here: My Dreams and Aspirations As A Dreamy Young Person […]

13. I’ve heard there ARE adulting classes some places that teach you how to do things like fold fitted sheets and getting your car’s oil changed. They also teach some work skills, so I bet they DO teach you how to ask for a raise! 😀

1. That class must be popular, if you happen to find one like that do tell me. I promise I won’t spread it! Thanks for reading my post & for this wonderful humorous comment 😃

14. Better to have a dream and live it small, than have no dream at all. The dream is yours to lose or keep. The dream is yours to grow or shrink. //// I too have had difficulty with the reality that life is full of “earning your keep” so that you have the chance to “create”. Create something special and worthy. That has been the hardest part for me, accepting all the “mundane” that maintains so we can create something closer to what we long for, what we love. Better to have a dream and live it small, than have no dream at all. I’m a sucker for articles like this one. I’ve always been a dreamer with God, and enjoyed my life. Still dreaming at 62, and still creating. Keep writing your feelings and you will find your way, and I’ll likely keep reading. Cause like I said, I’m a sucker for stuff like this, and I do not apologize for that. (LOL).

1. I’m glad you liked reading this article. Your optimism has certainly touched some dark corners of my pessimism. Thank you for being a sucker for this kind of articles and thank you for sharing your positive & refreshing thoughts. I truly appreciate 🙏

15. We all do. Some of us have it beaten out of us at an early age…others it takes longer. If you live long enough sometimes you come full circle.

If we told you, before your brains were fully developed, just how awful life can be teenaged suicide would sky-rocket.

16. […] are the ten essentials of a dream job that I could think dream of. If all the prerequisites of the dream job could be met, work life would become a lot more swift, easy and productive. There is probably very […]