Sunshine Blogger Award
I got nominated for the ‘ Sunshine Blogger Award!
I feel honored and overjoyed to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Amanda. She is an amazing blogger and gives really great (books, movies, shows, etc) recommendations, check out her blog backtofiction .
I was (pleasantly) surprised to get this nomination as by blog is quite new to the blogging world. In the last few days I was able to connect to some of the most interesting and friendly bloggers through my blog. I feel extremely fortunate to be here as a small part of a great blogging community.
Thank you for all your love and support.
Here are the rules to be followed by all the nominees-
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Amanda’s questions for me are…
1. How long have you been blogging?
Ans: I started my blog this year on 1st of January, so my blog is as old as 2018!
2. What is your favorite genre of book?
Ans: I absolutely love reading Mystery novels, besides that I also like to read self help books from time to time.
3. Do you have a favorite adaptation? Least favorite?
Ans: Books are always better and when you watch an adaptation after reading the book you’ll always get disappointed. If I have to pick an adaptation it has to be The Book Thief. I watched the movie first, which I liked a lot and then read the book.
4. How much time do you regularly spend on your blog?
Ans: I spend about 3-4 hours everyday. In addition to working on my own blog, I also like connecting with other blogger and reading interesting blog posts.
5. Who would be your dream interview for your blog?
Ans: I recently found a blog post by the brilliant and seasoned blogger Taro Starak. I was inspired by his journey and so impressed by his lessons on blogging. It would be a dream come true to interview him and learn a few things from him.
Link to his blog is here.
6. What do you do when you hit a writing block or post slump?
Ans: This happens to every blogger and has happened to me to. When I fail to find words to write I stop and think. I try to understand my perspective, my emotions and my knowledge on the topic. I think hard and once the words starts coming it doesn’t stop until the post is complete.
7. Do you have pets? How many and what kinds?
And: Yes I do have a pet, she is the most adorable and loving dog in the world. She is a very playful Labrador who is very jealous of my laptop and has attacked it on several occasions.
8. Do you have anyone that assists with your blog?
Ans: No, no one to assist me with my blog. I have been working all by myself, thanks to the internet for making every kind of information available at all times and on all topics.
9. Do you have any interest in one day writing a novel?
Ans: I haven’t really thought about that, but I would love to write one about a single lady detective solving cases with her side kick ( a character which will be based on my dog).
10. If you could visit anywhere in the world without money being an obstacle, where would you go?
Ans: I hope to visit Japan one day and travel some of it’s countryside which is so mesmerizing and blessed by nature.
11. Last one is not really a question. Tell me something interesting about yourself.
And: This one is probably the hardest question. There are lots of things about me but how do I know if they are at all interesting. What I think interesting might be weird! Here it is anyways-
Every time I finish reading a great book or watching a movie/ TV show, I instantly go on the web to check out images & more details about it.
Here are the questions from me to you!
My questions for my nominations are…
1. Do you remember how you got the idea for your very first blog/ blog post?
2. What is/ are the inspiration/s behind your blog?
3. What platform or strategies you use to publicise your blog?
4. Do you use any SEO tactics?
5. Do you have any specific target audience? If yes, how do you reach them?
6. What motivates you the most to keep blogging?
7. Can you explain a little about your writing process?
8. What kind of content do you enjoy writing the most?
9. Can you name two of your favorite bloggers? Actually, you can name as many as you want!
10. Tell us something (or many things) about you?
11. What do you think makes your blog unique/ interesting?
Hope you will find the questions simple and interesting, can’t wait to read the answers!