Photography : Developing Your Eye! Day 10 – Architecture

Photography : Developing Your Eye! Day 10 – Architecture

Go Monochrome

“The most colorful thing in the world is black and white, it contains all colors and at the same time excludes all.”

Vikrmn

Today is day ten, the last day of the ten days photography course and the theme for the day is Architecture/ Monochrome. I loved and enjoyed taking photos for each theme in the last ten days. It’s been a wonderful journey where I discovered a few great things about photography. Hopefully I’ll remember them, though with my poor memory I doubt that. Then again, I can always read and re-read these ten posts to jog my memory!

Today’s theme is my favorite which is monochrome. Monochrome in photography refers to images developed or executed in black and white or in varying tones of only one color.

Architecture photography monochrome old abandoned building

An old & abandoned building captured in monochrome

About the image –

This photo is of an old and abandoned building which used to be a hotel (if I’m not mistaken) a few years back. From where I’m looking this building looks dark, gloomy and dismal. Yet there is a beauty to it which makes you think about those days when it was full of life around it.

I have a fondness for all things black and white. There is such a classic charm to it, you can never go wrong with it. This last photo is my favorite one out of the ten photos I published in the last ten posts.

Today’s Tip:

Think about how black, white, gray, and the shades in between can interact in your frame in dynamic ways. As you compose your shot, look for sharp lines, distinct patterns, defined shapes, large surface areas, and very light and very dark colors.

This is part of an assignment of a photography course available under the blogging university. The link to the ten days course is heredeveloping your eye i

What do you think about going monochrome in photography?

Do you love black and white photos?

Do share your thoughts.

Thank you!

Sony DSCW830/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Black)

1. Nice picture clicked.
    And thanks for tips .
    Really helpful

1. Welcome & thanks to you too for the appreciation ☺

1. It was worth appreciation

2. I’m humbled 🙌 thanks 😀

2. I love black & white photos too. Like you said, can’t ever go wrong with it!

1. Yes exactly. Thank you for the lovely words ❤

3. Love shooting abandoned buildings. Same feels about as you. What’s the stories behind the walls that remain. Black and white make you see depth and lines. Great post

1. I feel the same way, b/w brings out something very special out of even most simple of photos. Thank you so much for the appreciation and for sharing your thought! ☺

4. I did not mean to insult you by posting the link. That was not my intention. And I “have” and “can” shot in one color only. As let us say the color green. It has a very light green tint (almost white) to a very dark tint (Almost black). Using those different tones of green, you create an monochrome photo. I can take a monochrome photo in one color and post it to my blog page, but only if you wish, as I do not want to insult you. I was and am only offering what I thought was help. Awaiting your reply.

1. If your intention was only to help me better my photography skills then that’s a great intention. But it did seem a lot like an insult than constructive criticism! Have a good day!

5. My thoughts. . . My definition of monochrome is different than yours, if the subtitle is correct.

1. There might be some mistakes in execution of the photo, I’m only learning. I’m not a pro at it. But I have tried to follow the course instructions. Do share your input or tips.

1. I understand monochrome as: monochrome is something that is all one color or done in black and white
        Read more at http://www.yourdictionary.com/monochrome#uyAJlRhZ9foL6Zq9.99

2. You can not take a picture all in one color and monochrome doesn’t necessarily have to be b/w. I think you need little flexibility with your definition. & I know how to use google, when I said share your tips I meant ‘your tip’

6. Hello There, l hope this finds you well 
    Just to let you know l have nominated you and your blog for the Liebster Award 2018,

1. This is my second liebster award nomination and trust me it feels as good as the first! I’m honored. Thank you so so much! 🏆

1. Yes, this is my third, it’s always good to feel to feel good 🙂

7. I believe that black & white highlight emotions. Enjoyed your photos & post.

1. Thank you so much for the appreciation, I enjoyed reading your posts too. ☺😀

8. Your photo is beautiful 🌸🙏

1. Thank you so much Tayiba ☺❤

9. great post and nice shots!

10. What a nice shot!!! Thanks a lot

1. Thank you for the appreciation ☺

11. A very peaceful photograph, Hugh. You live in a lovely place.

1. Thank you so much for the lovely compliments, I appreciate it 🌹