How my dog changed my life?

I never thought I was a dog person. That was a while ago, today I am a stay at home dog parent. This is how the transformation happened…

How my dog changed my life, pet, pets, dog, dogs, pet owner, dog owner

How my dog changed my life, for the better!

Having a pet in your life will inevitably change your life for ever. Your old self will cease to exist and your whole life will take a new turn. Caring for a pet is a challenging, time consuming and most of the times a very difficult task. But it is also very fulfilling, full of adventure, surprises and warm fuzzy cosy moments to die for.

The start of a new journey:

“The first moment we laid our eyes on her we knew she was one of us, a part of the family.”

dog, puppy, pet, pet owner

How my dog changed my life, for the better!

I still remember the first day Nina, our pet dog arrived in our house. It has been a little over a year now and I simply can’t imagine how we ever lived without her! The first moment we laid our eyes on her we knew she was one of us, a part of the family. She was terrified but we were overjoyed! After a month, she turned the tables and then we were terrified. You are wondering why? She was so tiny that we were terrified of losing her.

After a month of bringing our dog, she started to lose weight. We were all so scared at home but everything turned out well. I remember I was so overwhelmed and couldn’t stop crying at night worried about her. Yes, that was the beginning of me getting attached to the puppy dog’s puppy face.

What you give is what you get:

“The kind of love you won’t find from anyone else and they will shower it on you as if you are the world to them.”

How my dog changed my life, pet, dog, pet owner

How my dog changed my life, for the better!

Pets are dependent on you for their every single need. You have to feed them, clean them, play with them and look after them just like your babies. In return for all your selfless hard work they will give you complete surrender, loyalty, trust and love. The kind of love you won’t find from anyone else and they will shower it on you as if you are the world to them. You do mean the world to them, because it is through you they will experience the world.

The transformation:

“As you are taking care of the dog you’ll end up taking care of yourself too.”

How my dog changed my life, pet, dog, pet owner

How my dog changed my life, for the better!

There are so many ways your pet changes your life. A lot of your time will go towards looking after and caring for the dog. You won’t go out as often as you used to. Even when you do go out you will think about what the dog must be doing and other things about the dog. You will want to make acquaintances with other pet owners because you can relate to each other on many grounds.

You will become a more active and healthy person, as you are taking care of the dog you’ll end up taking care of yourself too. You will eat better if not sleep better! You will exercise more or just go for a run with your dog. The best thing is you will be a much more happy and jolly person because of the countless adorable moments with your dog. I can’t talk about other pet owners but those are some of the ways my dog certainly has changed my life.

Conclusion:

“I’m in love with my dog! And how can I not, every single day she helps me to survive life.”

How my dog changed my life, pet, pets, dog, dog owner, pet owner

How my dog changed my life, for the better!

At the end of the day your dog will make life worth living. They will act as a catalyst to your life transformation.

Even with all the mischief my dog is able to pull off during the day, she is worth getting me worked up for.

Even with all the work that goes into caring for my dog she is worth the few extra hours.

Even with all the times she woke me up from sleep she is worth my bed time.

Even with the intense drooling my dog can carry out, she is worth every dog treat I can afford to find.

Long story short, I’m in love with my dog! And how can I not, every single day she helps me to survive life. I need her in my life more than she needs me in her’s. I’m the dependent one here and not the other way around.

Image courtesy:

Do share if you have a pet and how your pet has changed your life?

Share your thoughts about having pets or just about pets!

Give your dogs delicious oral treat that they will love to eat:

Pedigree DENTASTIX Large Dog Chew Treats, Original, (Pack of 32), Reduces Plaque and Tartar Buildup

1. Hi Binita, I completely agree, pets can definitely change your life. I have a Maltese and adopted him from a shelter when he was 2 years old. He’s almost 12 now and he has changed my life immensely. Taking care of him is totally worth it. He’s my baby and the joy of my life!

1. Thank you Vyvian for sharing your sweet story. Bringing a pet into life has indeed changed countless people’s lives. They are the best companion anyone could ever have.
      🐱🐶

2. Hi Binita, I am so lucky to be a dog parent to three amazing dogs. Each were rescued and the love and companionship we share have got us all through the darkest of days. But the most awesome highlights are every time the three of them snuggle in to me for a group hug. Now as a little woman it is a real challenge for my arms, because you see, one is a Labrador Retriever, one a Daniff and the other a full size Great Dane! Huge in size and huge in love 💖

Thank you for taking the time recently to like one of my posts, I really appreciate that. I love your blog it is very inspiring 💙

1. Thank you Cheryl for sharing your story which was a delight for me to read. Snuggle time with our furry companions is something very special and in your case clearly it’s triple extra special. I hope you, all four of you keep on living this special moments for a long long long time. By the way, our pet Nina is also a lab.
      Thanks again for your lovely comment & the encouraging words about the blog ❤︎

3. I have a golden retriever too! And I feel the same way that you do! I am on VK and haven’t seen my doggie in a month. I miss her a lot!

1. Thank you so much for sharing your thought. You must be missing your pet and staring at his/her photos every now & then. I understand because I have felt the same way too.

1. I do look at photos of her all the time. Please contact me if you write more about DOGS!

2. Sure thing. I’ll definitely let you know if I write another post. ☺

4. Hi Binita, Dogs
    will definitely change our lives.
    According to my experience I will explain you some benefits of having a Dog.

They make you healthier: because you have to take your dog on regular walks.
    You will never get bored: they always do the silliest things and because you will love them, they look even cuter.

More social circle: they help you socialize with like minded people because hey! everyone loves a cute friendly dog!

Learning responsibility: having a pet is like having a baby, it teaches you responsibility.

Fix your biological clock: Dogs happen to have a set biological clock for eating, pooping, sleeping etc. and since they have it set, you need to get your bio-clock set for them and hence it makes you life more ordered and easy.

Stress Busters: Pets are great stress busters. no matter what kind of day you have, you will always be happy to see your smiling and tail wagging dog, waiting for you at the door. Just hug them and you instantly feel better.

1. Thank you so much Preety for sharing such a great thought. You are absolutely correct about all the benefits of having a dog. Our dogs are constantly working (and also forcing us into putting the work) to make us better & healthier. 🐶

5. Hi I really liked your blog and it would be really helpful if you read my blog on anintrovertsdilemmaa.wordpress.com

1. Hello there, thank you so much for the appreciation. I checked your blog & being an introvert myself, I really liked your blog. Keep up the good work, I wish you all the luck 👍

6. Thank you so much for reading my blog and even taking taking the time to reply me .Really glad to have your wishes 🙂

1. It was my pleasure, it’s the least I could do. Thanks for your sweet comment, hope you have an amazing Sunday 🐥

7. Wow, such a lovely post… I loved your blog and your “About me” dear Binita
    here goes my story in two parts how I become a dog mom from a dog fearing person
    part 1: https//alifelessordinarywithsaurabhavna.com/2018/07/03/my-journey-part-1-from-a-dog-fearing-person-to-a-crazy-dog-mom/
    part 2; http//alifelessordinarywithsaurabhavna.com/2018/07/04/my-journey-part-2-from-a-dog-fearing-person-to-a-crazy-dog-mom/
    Regards
    Bhavna

1. Thank you so much for the appreciation, I’m glad you liked the blog. Good work on the stories 🙂

8. I have had 3 rescue dogs and all of them have shown me the definition of pure unconditional love.

We humans are not worthy 🐶❤

1. I agree, dogs are better than us in many respects. Thank you so much for sharing your thought 🐶🌷

9. […] via How my dog changed my life? — Educated Unemployed Indian […]

10. […] Little closer to the window there’s some blue from the bicycle that belongs to my sister. And, on the other side of the window, right beside me there’s a little bit of brown spread over a lot of white, is our furry friend: Nina the lab. […]