An old article and a new lesson in life!

I found an old article but before I post that article, I want to share a story. I thought it’s a story worth sharing and it should get it’s own post…

‎”Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.”
I found an old article and it reminded me of a little story. Before I post that article, I want to share the story first. I thought it’s a story worth sharing and it should get it’s own post.
story, old, article

I found an old article…

I wrote this article in the year 2010 and I wanted to get it published in a newspaper. I submitted the article to a local newspaper, first a soft copy (no response) then a hard copy (still no response). I wrote a few more articles, tried to submit them and got the same response that is, no response.

Self defeat, article, writing, rejection

Accepting rejection and feeling self defeated!

So, after a while I assumed my writing must be crap and I accepted rejection followed by self defeat. I stopped writing and trying, thinking what’s the use? It’s never even going to reach anyone, let alone make a difference to someone.

Today I realize, what a big fool I was back then! This old piece of article has taught me a new lesson in life.

Follow your heart, not giving up

Listen to and follow your heart

If you want to do something and your heart is telling you to do that thing, you have got to follow your heart. No matter whether you find rejection, ridicule or criticism on your way, never ever accept self defeat.

If you keep trying, the universe will open up a door one way or the other.

What I should have done was kept trying or at least kept writing. That would have made a difference to me and my writing skills.

Anyways, better late than never! It’s because of technology and wordpress that I found new doors open up before me.

Blogging

Giving voice to our thoughts…

To share our thoughts and speak our mind, we no longer need to convince a third person. The only person we need to convince is us, that we can do it.

I didn’t change anything in that article and it’s probably a little bit crap. But I’ll publish it anyway. Because this time it won’t get the ‘no response’ response!

💬 Do share your thoughts about this post.
Thank you for reading till the end!
  1. This is so encouraging. I will never accept self-defeat!

1. I’m so glad you found this encouraging, don’t ever accept self defeat. Thank you for sharing your thought here ☺

2. So true, the only person we need to convince is us. Am on the same path 🙂

1. I hope you find everything you’re looking for down your path. Thank you for sharing your thought 😊

3. I loved the thoughts you shared

1. Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it a lot 😊

4. I think we can all be prone to giving up too easily. But yeah, eventually you have to follow your heart.

1. Very true. And when we don’t follow our heart for some reason, we risk true happiness.
      Thank you Cherilyn for sharing your thought ☺

5. That was motivating. I love to write and as you mentioned , me too just following what my heart tells me to do.

1. Thank you Savitha for the appreciation & for sharing your thought. Keep writing & keep following your heart ❤

6. I love this, you hit the nail on. the head for so many of us, that have experienced that same thing. Thank you so much for sharing!❤️

1. I am glad that you liked my little story and that you can relate to it.
      Thank YOU for the love and appreciation. 🌹

1. Your “little story” spoke for so many people that enjoys writing and are very passionate about it but have been rejected, looked over, trashed but God for every reject and every No, God is saying YES, and here we are expressing ourselves through our thoughts on what we are so passionate about and we have a platform of our own to share with the world. ❤️

2. I am touched by your thoughts, thank you so much. And you’re right about everything, I loved how you expressed that ‘for every no God is saying yes.’ 🌟

7. Timely reminder never to give up on what set our souls on fire.. keep pressing on.

1. Thank you so much for sharing the lovely thought ☺

8. This post has been my dose of motivation for the day, as I am in almost the same scenario with similar feelings for what I aspire. Thanks. 🙂

1. I’m both humbled & very happy by your appreciation. Thank you for your kind words. 🌹

9. Your same thoughts were expressed by one of my favorite guides and author: Steven Pressfield. He was interviewed for James Altucher’s podcast and he took this subject head on. At a point he said “I will write till I can’t, and I do not care if anyone reads or like it.” He used more flowery language but both you and he are right. Don’t quit.

10. […] This is the article I had mentioned in the previous post. If you haven’t read that yet, I suggest you to take a quick look here- An old article and a new lesson in life!  […]

11. Great post! Thank you for sharing

1. Thank you for the appreciation, glad you liked it ☺

12. Glad that you found blogging 🙂

1. Thank you for the kind words ☺

13. Great post. And lovely writing. I am glad you did not stop. I love the blogging community and its benefits.

1. Thank you so much Ushasita for sharing the wonderful thought. The blogging community indeed is the best community of all the communities on the net. People are supportive, kind, understanding and have a positive/ growth mindset.

14. they say that determination is the #1 ingredient to any success..most people cant get past the mental aspect of rejection, personalizing it in a way that paralyzes their dream to manifest..we end up believing what we are told by critics who might not be our intended outlet or audience, setting the stage for the rest of the way.. glad you decided to perceiver and find your audience..

1. Thank you so much Maven for sharing the wonderful thought. We shouldn’t internalize criticism, rejection or negativity of any kind. Sometimes it gets a little hard to get past judgemental thinking but we have to have faith in ourselves, no matter what.
      Thanks again for the encouragement, I appreciate it ❤︎

1. ❤ I have enjoyed reading your blogs thank you ❤ keep spreading your words ❤

2. I am very happy to know that you have enjoyed reading the blog. Thank you for the love 🌹