Do you like reading quotes as blog post?

Do you have a minute to spare for a little feedback?
Take this poll and please vote for your answer!

First select your option & then click on the ‘vote’ button. Try it:

Thank you so much for the feedback!
  1. I did the polling but it showed that the comment is been flagged as spam and blocked

1. Sorry about that, I’ll look into what’s wrong or unspam comment if there’s any comment being spammed.

2. Great initiative on your part!

1. Thank you, appreciate the encouragement ☺

3. Spell check converted “Thoreau” to “Thorough” 😉

4. It’s poll and not pole. Sorry , but needed to point it out . I hope you don’t mind.

1. Oops! Ultimate spell check blunder! 🐒
      Thanks for pointing that out. I hope you didn’t get too annoyed by that.

1. Not at all. Sometimes we end up making some blunders🙈🙊😂

2. I guess we all do make blunders sometimes, good to know we aren’t ‘poles’ apart (pun intended) in that area!
        Thanks for being so cool about it 😎🌹

3. No one votes on poles , only dances on poles 🙈😂.Anyways , the blunder is corrected hopefully else you will have replies coming in from people asking if they should dance on poles or vote on polls😂. Sorry for the lame joke😛😐.

4. No, we wouldn’t want people dancing on a poll or voting on a pole! Lol🐥

5. I like quotes that have verified attributions. The quote mills do absolutely no research to find out if Buddha, Gandhi, Einstein, or Mark Twain really said or wrote them. I was given a book mark with an inscription attributed to Henry David Thoreau. Turns out that the quote was by an author who wrote about Thorough. The Internet is brimming with fake quotes. If you commit to naming the source from verified research, you will stand out from the crowd. The best practice is, if you cannot find the book or paper or some other valid source, put “unknown,” or leave it blank. Any good aphorism can stand on its own.

1. That’s a valid point. I have also read quotes here & there with wrong credits. Einstein would be shaking his head to verify himself, ‘it wasn’t me, don’t know who said that!’ Only if he was alive!
      Jokes apart, I agree with you that it’s better to put ‘author unknown’ in case we can’t verify the original author. It sounds & feels better than a fake or mistaken credit.
      Thanks for sharing your great insight 😊

1. You are welcome. BTW GoodReads, Brainyquotes, wisdomquotes, are some of “those” sites. Often I go to wikipedia where they distinquish quotes that are misattributed. Another good source is quoteinvestigator.com. I think there is a quote detective, but I am not sure. I downloaded the complete works of Gandhi, and some other things like that.

2. I usually end up visiting goodreads quotes. I don’t really like brainyquotes for some reason. Going to check out quoteinvestigator for sure. Thanks again for sharing ☺

1. Yes, the results show what percentage of people like/ dislike quotes as full blog posts.

1. Great it was thinking when I tried. I was not sure if it went through.

2. Oh, I hope it did. I can only see the number of people who voted but no other details. Thanks for trying, I appreciate it. 😊

6. I don’t when the entire post is a quote. Quote within a post is fine if it suits the content.

1. That makes sense. Thank you for sharing the thought ☺

7. I love the idea.Quotes are always inspiring.My blog articles mostly ref to quotes.Thanks for your question are as usual inspiring.

1. Indeed, quotes are very inspiring. I love using quotes to express an opinion or to start or end a blog post with.
      Thank you so much for the comment, I feel encouraged! ❤︎