Heartache journal – Good days vs Bad days

Heartache Journal is a series where each month I share some thoughts close to my heart in a journal style of post. Today’s post is about the very desirable good days and the unavoidable bad days…

Heartache Journal‘ is a series where each month I share some thoughts close to my heart in a journal style of post.

Good days vs Bad days

Journal, good days, bad days, thoughts

Good Days vs Bad Days

Every day is not going to be unicorns and rainbows, and that’s OK. There will be days when you don’t fart sunshine, when things don’t go as planned. Some days may feel like 2 steps forward and 5 steps back. It is OK. It doesn’t define you. It doesn’t speak of success or failure. Surrender into acceptance. Allow yourself to be human. Allow life to be real. Just be yourself.

– Akiroq Brost

Life is made up of small moments full of smiles and tears. These moments reminds us of the good days and sometimes the bad ones too. Good days and bad days– we all have our fair share of both! Nobody wants the bad ones but nobody can avoid them either. If you want the good days, you have automatically signed up for the bad days as well. They always come together, one followed by the other.

We desire the good days and desperately want to avoid the bad days. Nobody wants to feel awful and dreadful, which is how one feels while having a bad day. Let’s face it, bad days are pretty awful and dreadful. Why do we have to have them at all in our lives? Do they serve a purpose or teach a lesson every once in a while?

Think about the time when you had a or a series of bad day/s. What were the after effects? For me personally those bad days played a balancing part in my life. When I think about it, they also gave perspective and significance to the good days. Imagine life had only good days to offer, then the good days would lose all of it’s popularity and meaning. The worst and frightening outcome of this would be losing already scarce human values such as Humility, Gratitude, Tolerance, Compassion and may be even love.

Last Thoughts:

The bad days might bring one or two dark clouds in your life but they always lead the way for the clear sky. We would never understand the meaning of light without ever experiencing the dark. We want the good days but we would never come to realize why or what we want without those awful and dreadful bad days.

Today let’s be grateful for the good days, and even more for the bad days.

Do you agree with me on being grateful for both good and bad days?

How do you deal with your share of bad days?

💬 Please share your thoughts!

1. https://polldaddy.com/js/rating/rating.jsA great post! Bad days teach you and good days heal you.

1. Very true. Thank you for sharing the great thought. I appreciate it 🙂

2. https://polldaddy.com/js/rating/rating.jsEnjoyed reading. Life is just like a bouquet of flowers filled with variety. Have a great day.

1. Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful thought. Great day to you too ☺

3. Both good and bad days are essential in making us better people. Both days allow us to learn to be grateful and appreciate everything in life. Nice post. 🙂

1. I completely agree. Thank you so much for sharing the thought ☺

4. Well put… 😊 good and bad days both serve their purpose in our lives.

1. Indeed, both good & bad days have a purpose. Thank you for sharing your thought ☺

5. Good ..you are following your passion..

1. I guess I am! Thank you for the kind words Krish ☺

1. You are welcome Binita..
        Regards..

6. You have presented a good argument for taking bad day in stride. Well done.

1. Thank you so much for your kind appreciation ☺

7. I agree that it’s the bad days that can really help us appreciate the good days. I think a key is to remind ourselves of the good times/good days we have so that we don’t get too down on things when some aspects of our lives don’t work at just as we would like them.

1. Thank you for sharing the lovely suggestion. I agree, a little reminder of good days can help to get through the bad ones.

8. Whenever I have bad days I remind myself to count my blessings not problems.

1. Thank you for sharing the thought ☺

9. Good words to live by. Well said.

1. Thank you so much for the appreciation.

10. Beautifully written! Even a really bad day usually has at least one good moment in it.

1. Yes, I agree. Thank you for sharing the lovely thought 🙂

11. As hard as it can be, I really try to not dwell on my bad days. I try to give myself pep talks ! I also try to incorporate some sort of self care to defuse any dark/negative feelings form having a bad day. It’s not easy and I’m still working on it.

1. Thanks for sharing your experiences and the helpful pointers. I’m trying to do the same things you mentioned in life as well. And you’re right that it’s not easy at all. But we have got to try 🙂

12. You are spot on. Life is about bad and good. It just depends on how/why we deal with them. This is a good blog. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

1. Thank you so much for sharing the lovely thought and for the appreciation 🌹

13. Thankyou. That was refreshing to read, and a reminder of a truth about life. Glad you liked my piece on the World Cup. I enjoyed watching the final yesterday, in the midst of having a bad day in other respects. I believe that sport has a greater profundity, and is a greater force for good in the world, than people give it credit for. And it has plenty to teach about good and bad days. I’m setting out on a good day today. Reading and replying to you is a start!

1. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your kind gesture.
      I agree with you that sports is a force for good, it’s a force for good when a few people realize their potential and a few others stand united because of it. We must give credit where credit is due!
      More power (& lots of good wishes) to you as well as to ‘sports’ ⚽

14. Yes… I do agree with you. Dealing with bad days… Let’s just say that I always try to distract myself. Not that it always works though. Because sometimes, you’ve gotta learn from them as well…

1. Well said, you’ve gotta learn from your bad days! Thank you so much for sharing the thought ☺

1. You are welcome! 🙂

15. Hi! My name is Kristin, I just discovered your blog! Love this post. It reminds me of a quote from Doctor Who:

“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”

The darkest days makes us better appreciate the good days, and have even MORE good days as a result of gratitude, at least that’s what I think!

1. I completely agree with your thoughts, thank you so much for sharing the thought & the wonderful quote 😊

16. I do agree with this “We desire the good days and desperately want to avoid the bad days.”
    Thank you for spending time to read my work since it led me to yours. You write beautifully and I do admire your work.

1. It was my pleasure. I admire your work as well, I’m glad to have come across your blog. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and appreciating my work.
      I wish you all the luck for all your future endeavors. ☺

1. Thank you so much for the admiration. These are one of the things that keep me going and motivated in order to be better. Your talent will carry you farther than luck. But I’d still wanna say Best of luck as well.

2. It means a lot to me, thank you so much. I think I’ll need and can use all the luck & wishes I could get hold of. I wish you the same as well, live long & prosper my friend ❤︎

17. Cheers to the new found friendship. You will always find a fan in me my friend 😊

1. I appreciate that, God bless you ❤︎