Words have power | Word of the day (2)

The word of the day is…

Word of the day, alive, coffee

Words have Power!

What do you think about words? Can a word help you, influence you or simply inspire you?

Do share your thoughts in the comment below.

Thank You!
  1. Isn’t the word ,” Alive”? Everybody exists for a reason so never think you are of no value.

1. Thank you for sharing the lovely thought 🌹

2. Mouth is compared to an ax, which can be used for both purposes; so are words. They are so powerful!! 🙂

1. They are indeed. Thank you so much for sharing the amazing thought ☺

3. One of my favorite words is “Selah.” There are possibly many meanings to it, but one meaning is “to pause,” which I relate to very much because I do lead a very busy life. 🙂

1. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful word, and I love the meaning. Taking a pause every now & then is very important to resume afresh

1. Powerful word! Thanks for sharing 😊

4. my first silly thought is Frankenstein’s monster. “It’s alive!!” 😉

1. Lol! Thank you for the amusing thought! 😃

5. I think so. They are basically a series of symbols that convey meaning and even entire concepts all depending on arrangement, both within the single word, and then again, depending on where in a sentence it occurs.

Oh and before I forget… 🙂

If you have time and want to play along, you have been tagged in a 3-2-1 Quote Me game. Here is my link about it, http://pmaf.blog/2018/07/18/75-3-2-1-quote-me/

1. Thank you for sharing the delightful thought and for tagging me for the quote game. I appreciate it 🙂

1. You’re welcome 🙂

6. Yes words are very powerful. Depending on the word or words you choose you can lift something up or tear it down. I loved the movie A Thousand Words with Eddie Murphy because he learned that he could only say 1000 words before he could speak again. It is an older movie but it has an impact on how you look at things. If you only could say a thousand words what would they be? May be we would do less talking and more listening.

1. Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful thought on the power of words.
      I love watching old and classic movies, I’m going to check the movie out ASAP. The movie sounds too amazing to give it a miss! 🙂

7. Good afternoon Binita – mm, l think the word for me here is “Conundrum” as l see you have been tagged for my game already by Cherilyn 🙂

Yes, Conundrum is the word for this, as a form of Expression, which incidentally is the topic for today. There is no rush on this particular tag, the game is taking a break for the remainder of July, so whenever is convenient is fine, if you would like to 🙂

Rory

1. Thank you so much Rory for tagging me once again, I appreciate it! I’ll try to post it sometime next month. Hope you have a great weekend ☺

8. Hi buddy thanks for tips.Very helpful tips for a budding photographer.

1. I’m glad the tip was helpful. Thank you for the appreciation 🙂

9. Your username and tagline is just awesome! 👌👌

1. Thank you so much for the compliment, I appreciate it ❤︎

10. absolutely…a word can mean the difference between life and death…

1. Yes, that’s very true. Thank you so much Geet for sharing your thought ❤︎

1. most welcome…

11. Thank You are 2 great words that do wonders.

12. Definitely! Words and thoughts are powerful

1. They are indeed. Thank you for sharing your thought. ☺

1. Thank you for your writing! It was a pleasure to read your words!

2. You’re most kind, I’m touched by your words. Thank you so much ❤︎

13. Was the word of the day Alive? Good one!
    Absolutely words are important. It can mean all the difference to understand one another. Miscommunications can lead to unnecessary wars. I prefer when words bless! 🙂
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. God bless you and your blog! He loves you!
    Here is the link to your nomination:

1. Thank you so much for sharing your thought on the post.
      I’m full of gratitude to you for giving me the mystery blogger nomination. I truly appreciate it.
      God bless you too, my friend ❤︎

1. PTL! I am so glad it was a blessing. 🙂

14. ALIVE is an awesome word for the day. I love words — and choosing a word for the day is a great idea. ALIVE can help us remember how blessed we are. Even if things aren’t going the way we might like, we can always be thankful to be alive.

1. That’s such a lovly thought, to be grateful for just being alive if nothing more! Thank you so much Judith for sharing it 🙂

15. Love the words to this song performed by Hawk Nelson!

They’ve made me feel like a prisoner
    They’ve made me feel set free
    They’ve made me feel like a criminal
    Made me feel like a king

They’ve lifted my heart
    To places I’d never been
    And they’ve dragged me down
    Back to where I began

Words can build you up
    Words can break you down
    Start a fire in your heart or
    Put it out

Let my words be life
    Let my words be truth
    I don’t wanna say a word
    Unless it points the world back to You

You can heal the heartache
    Speak over the fear
    (Speak over the fear)
    God, Your voice is the only thing
    We need to hear
    (We need to hear)

Words can build us up
    Words can break us down
    Start a fire in our hearts or
    Put it out

(Sound like Your grace)
    I don’t wanna say a word
    Unless it points the world back to You
    (Back to You)

Words can build us up
    Words can break us down
    Start a fire in our hearts
    Or put it out

I don’t wanna say a word
    Unless it points the world back to You
    Written by: JON STEINGARD, MATT HAMMITT, SETH MOSLEY

Lyrics © CAPITOL CHRISTIAN MUSIC GROUP

1. What a lovely song! Thank you so much for sharing ☺

16. Words matter! Our world doesn’t believe that but they do. Whether in a Tweet or face-to-face, our words can make a day or ruin it.

1. True. Thank you for sharing the thought 🙂

17. Words are powerful and important. We can influence another person with words, we can demonstrate what we are with an unguarded word, we can build up or put down, we can encourage or cause disillusionment. I love the sound of a good sentence beautifully constructed. Words should be important to everyone.

1. Beautifully put together, thank you so much for sharing the thought. I agree with you, words should be important to everyone. And we need to be little careful with regard to the unguarded words, before they’re out in the world & it’s too late to take them back.